Difference for a Week: We provide cellular phones and plans, mentors and provide care packages and other financial support to our college students.
Congrats to our May 2015 Graduates! Anthony Lopez and Stephanie Munoz! Anthony graduated with a degree in Engineering from UCSD and will be continuing his education by attending Graduate School. Stephanie graduated from Merced and will be teaching English in China for a year starting August of 2015. Want to help get her to China? CLICK HERE!
CONGRATS to Trisha McElroy! Trisha graduated from SDSU and is now earning her Masters from USC ! We are so proud of you! She also became a Second Lieutenant in the Army ! An Officer! Thank you to Ray Magana who sponsored her cap, grown and graduation accessories. Thank you so much! CLICK HERE TO READ THE PRESS RELEASE!
Also Congrats to Lashanae Johnson who was India teaching English in 2014 and 2015. Lashanae also graduated from SDSU !
We currently have 4 students in college that we support! Students attend UCSD, UC San Marcos and San Diego City College. We provide them with a cellphone and service, school supplies, books, bus/trolley passes and other financial needs throughout the year. When the students move into dorms or apartments, we take them shopping for bedding, towels and other necessities. Our generous sponsor, REAL DEAL MATTRESS, provides new beds. We send CARE PACKAGES to our out of town students.
WE HELP OUR COLLEGE STUDENTS SUCCEED!
Make A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIFE OF A COLLEGE STUDENT TODAY!
ADOPT A COLLEGE STUDENT!
• $100 Donation for ONE Student
• $500 Donation for FIVE Students
• $900 Donation for NINE students
• $10,800 for NINE students
CLICK HERE TO DONATE TODAY!
To volunteer, email Angela@itsallaboutthekids.org
Give of yourself beginning with ONE WEEK, then ONE MONTH, then ONE YEAR!!
- Call student weekly
- Send emails weekly
- Send care package or take to coffee or lunch twice a month
- Discuss time management, money management, study habits, ect.
College Student Requirements:
- Previously a resident or student at Toussaint Teen Center, or family is enrolled in a program at Christie’s Place
- Must be enrolled in college part or full time
- Must have a 2.5 average or better
- If student has a child, the student can not smoke, must be enrolled in WIC and must be attending parenting classes.
- Cellular phones and monthly calling plans
- “Move-in” essentials for dorms and apartments, including a new queen sized bed from REAL DEAL MATTRESS
- School supplies, bus/trolley passes, groceries
- Additional materials and funding for throughout college
EMAIL ANGELA@ItsAllAboutTheKids.org TODAY TO SIGN UP!